22 July 2018

Poetry - "Political {Poem"


political poem

You let me look too long.

And then sent me home to tell about it.

One step short, one damned elusive step away

            I write to you without your responses

                        Why should I care for one?

                        You don’t even know I’m there.

                        All the better

            I know you’re there

I know of your capacities, your aims, goals

and hopes

            yet you know naught of mine.

I daren’t be too specific

You might just catch on

            Make use of those powers at your disposal

                        to thwart that which I only begin

                        Now

                        To see myself, that I possess

You can make me rich, too, if you wish

But you cannot

                        buy me.


No comments:

Post a Comment