22 July 2018

A PERSONAL MANIFESTO


A PERSONAL MANIFESTO

It is not my goal to “convert” someone to my point of view. .. though I do admit I want to get people thinking more than they (we?) have become accustomed to not thinking.

I take pleasure in socializing – and becoming better acquainted with – people who maintain opinions and beliefs both close – and wildly divergent – from my own.

Society does not gain by striving to be a monoculture.  It loses.

We all need one another mainly because we are here together. You may be skilled at repairing my car; I may have carpentry or analytical skills that you lack.

The lady down the road is a superb gardener; her brother amazingly adept at repairing appliances.
Your cousin knows her way around the hard drive of a computer, while my distant great aunt can cure many ailments using herbal medicine and reiki. 

Still others know ground water geology and dowsing, how to maintain generators, mill and plane wood boards. And there are those who can teach – or identify flora, fauna and minerals – and how to put them to good use.

Let us not forget the storytellers, scribes and mystics amongst us either.

We must help one another because it is practical. It is also humane and sensible.

We have thousands and tens of thousands of skills and assets to share. We need to start sharing and swapping our abilities while uncoupling our reliance on the money culture if we are to live and thrive more successfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment