04 August 2011

poem - the barrenness of dawn

















I am summoned to see someone immediately!
He is angry for being inconvenienced
                        and      demands
                                             swift resolution.
Through a third party he is told I will not see or speak with him until tomorrow.
He walked away content.


In a dream
I am served another Summons.
It seems I've been in receipt of a series of pleasant distractions
               whilst asleep
I’m told: I ought to have known that these distractions came with a fee

I become distraught
               not knowing in what manner
               nor what medium
I am to pay for these fleeting pleasures.
The process server smiles.
               "You'll figure it out"


Next to me
   a large cat
   rests contented
   Bathing while abed.

No comments:

Post a Comment