22 September 2020

About this Site and Crediting of the work of others on this site

about this site

I was trained as a typesetter when everything was set from hot metal. It influenced my perspectives on design and composition, even how I look at the world. With the training came a belief that printers had an obligation to gather and report back information to the general population.

We were expected to foster critical thinking and expanding our collective knowledge base while encouraging human growth and consciousness.

Nowadays the equipment is a lot easier to 
from a Dover illustration "cut book"
handle, but the subject matter still as weighty . . . and printers - as well as other dispensers of information and ideas - still have every much a responsibility as ever , perhaps even more so (even it such is not practiced)

It's disappointing that so few entrusted with this charge even try to live up to it.

So it leaves the rest of us to continue these endeavors. 

This noted, you will find both re-posts and links to topics and articles that warrant review. as well as my own original works, be that images or writing.

image and article credits


I've made every effort to credit, cite and include links to images and words composed by others. The citation is always at the end of each entry on the blog. 

On some rare occasions, there will be images I came across but do not know the source [sources?] of an images. The Guide to Animal Tracks, one such example. 

If a non-attributed image is yours, please let me know and I will provide a credit and a link. 

The remaining images and illustrations are my own. 

My works are "Rights Reserved" which means ask about their use, if so desired. Please do not appropriate my images for your site, a book you may be writing, or for some ill-gotten gain. 

Ask about the work. Perhaps I'll let you use it. Until you ask, DON'T TOUCH! Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment